• EN
  • References

    Owner and operator, maintenance management of the exhaust gas purification system

    Refinery power plant of Shell, Cologne-Godorf, Germany – Maintenance management of the exhaust gas purification system

    The Raffinerie-Energie GmbH & Co oHG (REG) as owner of the refinery power plant has been established as a joint venture between Iqony (formally STEAG) and Shell Deutschland Oil GmbH in 2000. Iqony held 80% of the shares in the joint venture while the remaining 20% were held by Shell Deutschland Oil.

    The existing power plant was taken over by the project company and modernized with 5 oil/gas boilers (5 x 100 t/h), 5 steam turbines (total 103 MW), 1 gas turbine (25 MW), 1 waste heat boiler (120 t/h) and flue gas cleaning systems. In 2004 the power plant was taken to operation again.
    Due to the modernization the power plant was upgraded from 173 to 211 MW.

    The refinery power plant is fully integrated into the refinery process, providing electricity and process steam at different pressure levels to the refinery.

    In 2015 the power plant was sold to Shell Deutschland Oil GmbH. Iqony Solutions has been a subcontractor for the maintenance of the gas purification systems since 2023.

    Project facts

    • electricity: 211 MW
    • steam: 5 x 100 t/h (5 Kessel)
    • steam: 120 t/h (HRSG)
    Fuel Refinery residues, natural gas
    Customer Shell Deutschland Oil GmbH, Rheinland Raffinerie
    IQS Scope of services Owner and Operational Management
    IQS performance period 2000 – 2015