Decarbonisation study for district heating generation
Iqony Solutions was commissioned by swb Erzeugung AG & Co. KG to prepare a decarbonisation study to investigate the options for future district heating generation at the Hastedt CHP site.
As a result, a multi-engine CHP plant in the order of 70 – 100 MWel emerged as the best concept solution.
The concept study included the following tasks:
- Basic determination
- Definition of boundary conditions
- Investigation of primary energy options for the site
- Investigation of system options for the site
- Development of variants for future plant configurations
- Selection of variants to be further pursued in the context of workshops
- Determination of approximate design and operating values, installation options and overview schedules for the selected plant variants
- Economic feasibility study
- Comparison and evaluation of the variants